From Morfeo Wiki
- Telefónica I+D represented by Juan A. Cáceres (Project Coordinator)
- CoNWeT Lab group from Universidad Politécnica de Madrid represented by Javier Soriano
- GSyC group from Universidad Rey Juan Carlos represented by Andrés L. Martínez
One of the outsanding technologies in the Distributed Systems world is CORBA (Common Object Request Broker Architecture) standarized by OMG. CORBA is a distributed objects technologie that defines a service architecture and an ORB middleware for developing Distributed Systems.
CORBA is yet a mature technology that has proved only too well its Efficiency, robustness and reliability, demostrated by the expertise of Telefónica I+D developing a wide range of professional distributed solutios for the Telefónica Group targeting different problems in the world of ICT, all of which have features that can be classed under “high-criticality environments" and “multiplatform" concepts.
Telefónica I+D, in collaboration with UPM and URJC has developed an horizontal component platform (middleware and services) to support the development of the whole range of vertical components making up complex systems.
|TIDorb Java||Standard CORBA 2.6 ORB implementation for Java||In use||Dual GPL|
|TIDIdlc||IDL to Java and C++ compiler, being extending to other languages||In use||Dual GPL|
|TIDNotif Java||CORBA Notification Service implementation in Java||In use||Dual GPL|
|TIDNaming Java||CORBA Naming Service implementation in Java||In use||Dual GPL|
|Zion||IDL Script interpreter||Under development||GPL|
|TIDorb Csharp||Experimental ORB implementation in C#||Under development||GPL|
|TIDorb C++||Standard CORBA 2.6 ORB implementation for C++||In use||Dual Affero-GPL|
|TIDNotif C++||CORBA Notification Service implementation in C++||In use||Dual Affero-GPL|
|TIDNaming C++||CORBA Naming Service implementation in C++||In use||Dual Affero-GPL|
These components are being used in production critical systems (mainly Telefónica's Network Management Systems) and are being certified for civil aviation management systems. These components are supplied by Telefónica I+D (Contact: Support).
MORFEO's CORBA Platform has a team of developers and software architects with a great expertise in CORBA-based application development. This team offers several services:
- Training: adaptable training on CORBA applications development and service use in Java or C++.
- Consultancy: help on application design, performance improvements, and system development using CORBA technologies.
- New standard functionalities: bringing forward or introducing milestones in the components roadmap of components in the CORBA Platform required by the user.
- Support and maintenance: support of CORBA Platform components delivered in MORFEO.
Morfeo CORBA chapter is accessible at: http://corba.morfeo-project.org
For any question on service delivery, please contact with project coordinators (Support).